Shoe Shopping Tips for This Fall
November’s here and that means Black Friday and Christmas are approaching. If you’re going through your wardrobe, deciding what to keep, what to toss, and what you need to stock up on, you’re likely looking at your shoes, too. Shopping for new shoes can be nerve-wracking, especially if you find you’re always buying the wrong pairs. This fall, Carrollton Foot Center has your back! Here are our best tips for finding your new shoes this season.
- Shoes should always feel comfortable in the store. Don’t bother buying a pair that you intend on “breaking in”. This can not only lead to pain, but damage to your feet and ankles.
- Don’t be afraid to walk around the store and test the comfort of the shoes. Are they providing enough arch support? Are your toes squished? Or do your feet feel supported and comfy?
- Keep any concerns or conditions in mind! If you have diabetes or a nerve disorder, stick to shoes that provide extra comfort and help ease the pain. Do you work on your feet all day? Arch support is key.
- Find a pair you really love? Buy doubles! This will prevent your shoes from breaking down quickly and allow your shoes to air out in between wears.
- Always get your feet remeasured. Our feet are constantly growing and changing, especially as we age. This means your size from last year might not be your size right now.
- Bring along your favorite socks or custom orthotics! You’ll get the most realistic idea of how your new pair will fit.
- Consider shopping later in the day. Our feet swell and get larger as the day goes on. So, choosing a time in the afternoon to shoe shop will give you the best fit!
- If you’re in between sizes, choose the larger one. It’s better for your shoes to feel a little big than for your toes to get squished!
Board-certified podiatrist Dr. Naghmeh Lilly Khavari is committed to helping her clients in Carrollton, TX. She offers a wide variety of treatments from ingrown toenails to advanced surgical solutions. Contact Carrollton Foot Center’s office at 469-998-3668 to schedule an appointment today!