Living with a bunion can not only be painful, but it can also disrupt much of your daily life. When the bones in the front part of your foot shift out of place, it creates a bony bump on your big toe joint. Walking, exercising, or wearing shoes may be more difficult with a bunion. The good news is, there are plenty of treatment options for bunions and we’re here to share some of them!
Some signs you may have a bunion include…
- A bony bump on the base of your big toe
- Pain, redness, or swelling around the big toe.
- Pain, particularly when walking
- Difficulty moving your big toe.
- Difficulty finding shoes that fit comfortably.
Depending on the severity and pain of your bunion, treatment options vary. Most podiatrists will recommend one or more of the following:
- Wearing comfortable shoes
- Bunion pads or cushions
- Over-the-counter medicine, like Advil
- Cortisone shots
- Padded shoe inserts, like orthotics
- Applying ice
- Attending physical therapy
- Removing the swelling around the bunion
- Removing part of the bone
- Realigning the bone
One of the latest treatment options for bunions comes from Lapiplasty, an innovative 3D bunion correction procedure. Carrollton Foot Center understands that traditional bunion surgeries can come with complications and don’t necessarily fix the foot problem of a bunion. Lapiplasty, instead, alters the alignment of your bones, ensuring a permanent fix. Other benefits of Lapiplasty include…
- One surgery to fix your bunion.
- Recovery in a boot, instead of a cast
- Ability to wear whatever shoes you’d like after surgery.
- Minimal recovery time
Think Lapiplasty is for you? Call our office today to ask our team about it!
Board-certified podiatrist Dr. Naghmeh Lilly Khavari is committed to helping her clients in Carrollton, TX. She offers a wide variety of treatments from ingrown toenails to advanced surgical solutions. Contact Carrollton Foot Center’s office at 469-998-3668 to schedule an appointment today!